It has been 2 months since my last post (good thing I didn’t promise to post more this year!)and it wouldn’t surprise me to find out no one is following this blog anymore. it has been a busy two months and as you will see below, I am probably 3 or 4 posts behind. So today’s post is a short one to let you know I’m still kicking and will catch up soon.
Wondering what’s been going on since July 24th? Here is the short version in chronological order:
- Daughter Holly and grandchildren Charlie and Kayla along with Kayla’s friend Anna visited the Lake Cottage
- I turned 70!
- We met up with son Ryan, his wife Sarah, and grandson Julian in Sonoma and San Francisco to celebrate Sarah and my birthdays
- We stopped off in Colorado on the way home to visit friends in Aspen and Denver and family in Denver and Colorado Springs
- We packed the van to the top and moved most of the house to Sarasota for our Sarasota Experiment Part Two(A)
- We hosted this year’s 3 M (Mara, Mary Ann and Marilyn) reunion in Sarasota
- We flew to Seattle to visit family before the World Parkinson’s Congress started in Portland
- Sons Dale and Ryan and I flew into Walla Walla, WA for a big birthday celebration (Ryan’s 40th, Dale’s 50th and my 70th) which included winery and brewery tours in a Tesla Model X (yep the one with the gull wing doors!) and
- We just completed the week long 4th World Parkinson’s Congress in Portland where we served as volunteers. This event will probably take two or more posts by itself, it was an amazing time.
Whew! No wonder I’m tired!!! So as you can see, a lot has been going on and I owe you a few posts with some details which I will start working on forthwith. It may take a few weeks to get it all published but I’m going to try and get it done in shortly after we return to Sarasota next week.
More to come.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – ConfuciusFollow Me on Twitter